Flying has gotten tricky with all the rules that are now implemented due to Covid. However, I STILL love to travel (cautiously) and that's just part of my adventurous personality. Whether I am taking a trip to see family, enjoying a quick weekend getaway, or planning a long family vacation I always try to find the most efficient and organized way to pack. Therefore, if you still feel comfortable with flying OR you are planning to fly in the near future and would love to plan ahead, here are a few travel hacks that have helped me get to my destinations safely and organized. Also, check out all the places I have been and stay tuned to find out where 2021 will take me!
Let's start with proper packing:
Rolling your clothes is the way to go! It takes up less space and if you purchase the packing cubes, it really changes the game. I organize my packing cubes by items. I roll my pants and place them in the larger cube, shirts in the medium cube, and underwear and bras in the smaller cube. I sometimes roll them by outfits, especially if I know exactly what I am wearing with what. It just depends on the type pf vacation I am taking. Note: You may need additional cubes in the winter due to your clothes being bulkier and taking up more space. If your trip is longer, definitely plan on more cubes.
Use the inside of your shoes as storage. Store your socks inside your sneakers. It is an easy find for them. You can also place your socks in your cube labeled bra/underwear/pajamas. Another quick hack is to use your shoe bags and place your shoes inside the bags for storage and protection. This helps protect your sneakers and by placing your socks inside of your sneakers, it helps them to keep their shape.
If you don't have an actual place for your cords and chargers, try placing them in a sunglass case that you no longer need.
Place all cords, chargers, electronics, and expensive items in your carryon. (Remember to charge all electronics before placing them in your carryon.) However, if you feel like splurging think about ordering a bag smart electronic organizer which will organize all your technology in one bag.
Jewelry hack in 3, 2, 1.....Cling wrap and snack size ziploc bags for the win!!! It's so easy to see all your jewelry and protects it as well. If you're wrapping a necklace, definitely use the cling wrap. It keeps it in place and prevents it from tangling. You can also see what jewelry is in the cling wrap or ziploc bag. Jewelry organizers are nice as well. You can place your ziploc bags and cling wrap inside of those as well.
Rid yourself of confusion or outfit fails by setting up a travel display clothing rack and trying your clothes on before you pack them. It prevents you from getting to your destination and not liking your outfit or something not fitting correctly and you don't have any other options.
If you have room for a steamer, bring it! Its so much better than ironing and works quickly and efficiently!
Also, bring a laundry bag you can easily fold in your luggage and use when needed. It also keeps your clean clothes separate from you used clothes which is huge during these Covid times. Plus, when you get home you can throw it in the laundry with your clothes.
Top 10 must haves for flying:
Multiple Masks ( The ones listed are my go to and perfect for flying!)
Hand Sanitizer (Purell or the organic EO spray is amazing as well.)
Hand wipes (The individual ones by Purell are nice because they don't dry out!)
Lotion (My hands are always dry from sanitizing them so much.)
Ear Plugs or Ear buds (I'm more of an ear phones girl because music is my thing!)
Snacks (If there is a delay or no food on the plane, you will thank me!)
Toiletries (including poopourri) I love this before you go toilet spray!
Compression Socks (Promotes circulation and eliminates stress while still cute! ;)
A good book (When you run out of your play list or are just in the mood to read.)
Scarves and layers for temperature change. Your scarf can go from a blanket to a pillow in the matter of seconds, plus it's washable and an easy store.
These 10 items should be placed in your carryon and/or purse and stored in an convenient compartment that you can easily get to whenever you need to.
Finally, try to have separate bags for your makeup, toiletries, and hair goods. Use ziploc bags for each of these and place in the appropriate bag. If something leaks, spills, or breaks, it is protected by the ziploc bag and doesn't ruin the rest of your belongings. There are several sizes from the smallest bag being the snack size, to the sandwich bag, to quart size, to gallon size. Gallon size is great for toiletries that may be too big to carryon, therefore you check them in your larger suitcase. However, match the size of the item to the correct size of the ziploc and voila, you are good to go! Happy and safe travels!
Must Haves From My Amazon Shop
View the Collection
1. Good Vibes, Good Life: How Self-Love Is the Key to Unlocking Your Greatness
2. Women Lightweight Infinity Scarf and Long Scarf - 2 or 3 Packs
3. Copper Compression Socks Women & Men
4. Disposable Face Masks,Face Masks of 50 Pack Disposable Mask-Black
5. Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizing Body Lotion
6. Kiehl's Creme de Corps - 2.5oz
7. Aquaphor Lip Protectant and Sunscreen Ointment - Broad Spectrum SPF 30
8. Premoistened Sanitizing Hand Wipes, Towelettes Individually Wrapped, 100/box 9. PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, portable flip-cap bottle with Carrier (Pack of 8)
10. EO Organic Hand Sanitizer Spray: French Lavender, 2 Ounce, 6 Count
11. Poo-Pourri Before-You-go Toilet Spray, Heavy Doody Extra Strength Scent, 2 Fl Oz
12. BAGSMART Travel Jewelry Organizer Case Foldable Jewelry Roll, Soft Pink
13. BAGSMART Electronic Organizer Small Travel Organizer Bag, Soft Pink
14. BAGSMART Toiletry Bag Travel Bag with Hanging Hook, Water-resistant Travel Organizer
15. Miamica Packing Cubes for Travel, 3-Piece Set, Clear
16. Miamica Travel Laundry Bag, Wash, Dry, Fold, Repeat
17. Bvser Travel Makeup Case, Leather Portable Organizer with Adjustable Dividers (Pink)
18. mDesign Silicone Heat-Resistant Hair Care Styling Tool Mat Tray - Light Pink/Blush
19. Hilife Clothes Steamer, Handheld Garment Steamer Clothing, Mini Travel Steamer
21. Powerbeats High-Performance Wireless Earphones - Black (Latest Model)
(I may make a small commission from purchases made via affiliate links.)